The wedding between Rebecca and Robert was seriously full of publish-worthy material for every top magazine in the world.
Our Services may have been a small part to their epic celebration, but nevertheless, we were honored to be apart of it. The lighting in the room, to the jaw dropping floral, right down to the table cloths… Everything was simply stunning.
One of our favorite things as a production company is to be able to bring the wow factor to our clients and Robert and Rebecca’s celebration is no different. They wanted to have a few “extra’s” for their guests to enjoy, so our team supplied the Confetti Cannon’s and our signature Co2 guns for the dancing hour.
Everyone loves a mama’s boy. Everyone loves music. Everyone loves a wedding. Wonder where I’m going with this? We’ve compiled a list that combines all three features together! “Top 7 Mother and Son Dance Songs” will answer any questions you could possibly have in this lifetime… about mother/ son dance songs of course. So sit tight, grab some popcorn and check out this blog.
1. A Song for Mama by Boyz II Men- “Mama you’re the queen of my heart.” I normally pride myself on being able to keep it together, but literally, every word in this song makes me want to snuggle up in my moms arms and cry. I know that sounds totally awkward, and it can be, but listen to this song and you’ll totally get it. This whole song is an ode to your mother, what could be a better song? Keep reading if you’re not satisfied.
2. The Perfect Fan by Backstreet Boys- “I wanna thank you for what you’ve done, in hopes I can give back to you, and be the perfect son.” Well, if that doesn’t say it all… I’ll say more. Chances are most of the bridesmaids will know this song so you can have your own personal background singers that you never asked for. “The Perfect Fan” will have so many fans, they’ll never forget that dance. I’ll try to refrain from any more cheesy lines today.
3. Simple Man by Shinedown- “You’ll find a woman, and you’ll find love.” This song is different in that it almost comes from the mother’s perspective. The lyrics go over how a mother would want any son to act, and chances are your hubby is everything this song describes. Hence, why he’s getting married!
4. Simply the Best by Tina Turner- “You’re simply the best, better than all the rest.” If you’re looking for more of an upbeat, fast paced song, here you go.“Simply the Best” will have your guests up out of their seats and dancing around the dancefloor. Key word being “around.” Elbow your guests off the dancefloor and send them to the outer perimeter because this is mom’s time to shine.
5. Over the Rainbow by Eva Cassidy- “The dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.” *Sigh* Who doesn’t want their dreams to come true? That was a rhetorical question and cheesy line number two. This is a different version of the classic “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” and is accompanied by a piano. It’s a perfect mother and son dance song because it has a nostalgic feel to it. You can reminisce with your mom while dancing. Multitasking!
6. I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston- “And iiiiiiiiii yeee I will always love youuuuhoooo.” Everyone, I mean everyone, has sung this song at the top of their lungs. Thanks to the late, great Whitney Houston, we all have a classic song that can go with any occasion. The mother and son dance is no exception.
7. Stand By Me by Prince Royce- “Oh I won’t shed a tear, porque se que tu estas junto a mi.” I translated this line (thanks google translate!) and it means “because I know that you’re next to me.” Who doesn’t feel a total sense of comfort when their moms next to them? This version of “Stand By Me” just radiates salsa flavor, so why not embrace it? Hopefully you can actually dance, or else maybe this song isn’t good for you.