If you really want to create an unforgettable atmosphere for your wedding, FyerFly Fountains are the perfect way to do it! Melissa and Camilo’s wedding was absolutely stunning and we are so thankful that we were able to be a part of their special day. KV Photography captured these gorgeous images that are straight out of a fairytale. The FyerFly Fountains light up the room almost as much as the bride and groom’s beautiful smiles.
Father- Daughter Dance “I Loved Her First” – Heartland
Look at the two of you dancing that way
Lost in the moment and each other’s face
So much in love, you’re alone in this place
Like there’s nobody else in the world
I was enough for her not long ago
I was her number one, she told me so
And she still means the world to me
Just so you know
So be careful when you hold my girl
Time changes everything, life must go on
And I’m not gonna stand in your way
I loved her first
I held her first
And a place in my heart will always be hers
From the first breath she breathed
When she first smiled at me
I knew the love of a father runs deep
And I prayed that she’d find you someday
But it’s still hard to give her away
I loved her first
Since it was built in 2014, the Dr. Philips Center has become one of Orlando’s premiere event spaces. With sweeping views of downtown and gorgeous, modern interiors, what’s not to love? We had a wonderful time providing both lighting and textures for this one-of-a-kind wedding. Below you can see some of our favorite images from the night which include not one but TWO stunning gowns for the beautiful bride, an incredible dance party, and one of the most marvelous and unique wedding cakes we have ever seen (and we have seen a lot of wedding cakes!)
Is it time to decide on a venue for your reception or event?
Your head might be spinning trying to decide on a perfect venue to make your event come to life and impress your guests. If you are sticking with a budget, or have decided on a plain venue, keep in mind that you can turn an empty canvas into a masterpiece with the correct lighting. Lighting is key to any event. You can change the whole look of a room by adding color, design, or highlighting an important accent piece. You know that wedding cake you spent a fortune on? Why not draw attention to it by shining a spotlight right on it? Your guests will be wowed and you will feel like that cake money was well spent.
Have you ever walked into a room and instantly felt happy? Or vice versa, sad? Next time, pay attention to the color on the walls and the lighting in the room.
Believe it or not, there is a psychological side to colors. Yellow can make you feel happy and upbeat, while blue is more of a relaxing, calm color. If you are trying to pick a venue for your event and are having troubles with the feeling of the room, it could be the coloring and/or lighting. Don’t fret! You can hire a lighting specialist to use a technique called “color wash” to spread color throughout the room (*ahem* like Fyerfly!). A color wash will drape your room with any color of your choice and can totally transform your event space.
Textured lighting can add patterns on the walls, ceilings, or any space that will go along with your theme. It is a great way to fill empty space in the venue to add spark and creativity to your event. From snowflakes for a winter Wonderland theme, to vines or a pattern on the ceiling, textured lighting can add the extra wow-factor that might be exactly what your venue needed.
You know that cake spotlight I talked about earlier? This is where the technique of up pin spotting comes in. Your lighting specialist can draw the focus to any area or any special piece you would like to highlight in the room.
Adding the right lighting and color to the event can create the perfect amount of flare and spark. Up lighting also gives dimension to the room. By focusing lights on different parts of the walls or drape, the room can come alive.
Even the plainest venue space has the potential to transform into something amazing by adding the right lighting. Not sure where to begin with lighting? That is where we come in. We can plan any of your lighting designs and answer any questions you have. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or look us up at FyerFlyProductions.com !
Fyerfly Productions was honored to lend our DJ and Lighting to the Hyatt Regency Orlando VIP room for the day at the Your Wedding TV Bridal Show. We turned the ballroom space into an amazing ceremony location and reception room. We hope we show you how lighting can transform the room into your perfect wedding space.
Here we have some lovely images provided by Tabitha Photography, showing off such an amazing combination of talents.
Everyone loves a mama’s boy. Everyone loves music. Everyone loves a wedding. Wonder where I’m going with this? We’ve compiled a list that combines all three features together! “Top 7 Mother and Son Dance Songs” will answer any questions you could possibly have in this lifetime… about mother/ son dance songs of course. So sit tight, grab some popcorn and check out this blog.
1. A Song for Mama by Boyz II Men- “Mama you’re the queen of my heart.” I normally pride myself on being able to keep it together, but literally, every word in this song makes me want to snuggle up in my moms arms and cry. I know that sounds totally awkward, and it can be, but listen to this song and you’ll totally get it. This whole song is an ode to your mother, what could be a better song? Keep reading if you’re not satisfied.
2. The Perfect Fan by Backstreet Boys- “I wanna thank you for what you’ve done, in hopes I can give back to you, and be the perfect son.” Well, if that doesn’t say it all… I’ll say more. Chances are most of the bridesmaids will know this song so you can have your own personal background singers that you never asked for. “The Perfect Fan” will have so many fans, they’ll never forget that dance. I’ll try to refrain from any more cheesy lines today.
3. Simple Man by Shinedown- “You’ll find a woman, and you’ll find love.” This song is different in that it almost comes from the mother’s perspective. The lyrics go over how a mother would want any son to act, and chances are your hubby is everything this song describes. Hence, why he’s getting married!
4. Simply the Best by Tina Turner- “You’re simply the best, better than all the rest.” If you’re looking for more of an upbeat, fast paced song, here you go.“Simply the Best” will have your guests up out of their seats and dancing around the dancefloor. Key word being “around.” Elbow your guests off the dancefloor and send them to the outer perimeter because this is mom’s time to shine.
5. Over the Rainbow by Eva Cassidy- “The dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.” *Sigh* Who doesn’t want their dreams to come true? That was a rhetorical question and cheesy line number two. This is a different version of the classic “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” and is accompanied by a piano. It’s a perfect mother and son dance song because it has a nostalgic feel to it. You can reminisce with your mom while dancing. Multitasking!
6. I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston- “And iiiiiiiiii yeee I will always love youuuuhoooo.” Everyone, I mean everyone, has sung this song at the top of their lungs. Thanks to the late, great Whitney Houston, we all have a classic song that can go with any occasion. The mother and son dance is no exception.
7. Stand By Me by Prince Royce- “Oh I won’t shed a tear, porque se que tu estas junto a mi.” I translated this line (thanks google translate!) and it means “because I know that you’re next to me.” Who doesn’t feel a total sense of comfort when their moms next to them? This version of “Stand By Me” just radiates salsa flavor, so why not embrace it? Hopefully you can actually dance, or else maybe this song isn’t good for you.