Is it time to decide on a venue for your reception or event?
Your head might be spinning trying to decide on a perfect venue to make your event come to life and impress your guests. If you are sticking with a budget, or have decided on a plain venue, keep in mind that you can turn an empty canvas into a masterpiece with the correct lighting. Lighting is key to any event. You can change the whole look of a room by adding color, design, or highlighting an important accent piece. You know that wedding cake you spent a fortune on? Why not draw attention to it by shining a spotlight right on it? Your guests will be wowed and you will feel like that cake money was well spent.
Have you ever walked into a room and instantly felt happy? Or vice versa, sad? Next time, pay attention to the color on the walls and the lighting in the room.
Believe it or not, there is a psychological side to colors. Yellow can make you feel happy and upbeat, while blue is more of a relaxing, calm color. If you are trying to pick a venue for your event and are having troubles with the feeling of the room, it could be the coloring and/or lighting. Don’t fret! You can hire a lighting specialist to use a technique called “color wash” to spread color throughout the room (*ahem* like Fyerfly!). A color wash will drape your room with any color of your choice and can totally transform your event space.
Textured lighting can add patterns on the walls, ceilings, or any space that will go along with your theme. It is a great way to fill empty space in the venue to add spark and creativity to your event. From snowflakes for a winter Wonderland theme, to vines or a pattern on the ceiling, textured lighting can add the extra wow-factor that might be exactly what your venue needed.
You know that cake spotlight I talked about earlier? This is where the technique of up pin spotting comes in. Your lighting specialist can draw the focus to any area or any special piece you would like to highlight in the room.
Adding the right lighting and color to the event can create the perfect amount of flare and spark. Up lighting also gives dimension to the room. By focusing lights on different parts of the walls or drape, the room can come alive.
Even the plainest venue space has the potential to transform into something amazing by adding the right lighting. Not sure where to begin with lighting? That is where we come in. We can plan any of your lighting designs and answer any questions you have. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or look us up at FyerFlyProductions.com !
Fyerfly Productions was honored to lend our DJ and Lighting to the Hyatt Regency Orlando VIP room for the day at the Your Wedding TV Bridal Show. We turned the ballroom space into an amazing ceremony location and reception room. We hope we show you how lighting can transform the room into your perfect wedding space.
Here we have some lovely images provided by Tabitha Photography, showing off such an amazing combination of talents.
Everyone loves a mama’s boy. Everyone loves music. Everyone loves a wedding. Wonder where I’m going with this? We’ve compiled a list that combines all three features together! “Top 7 Mother and Son Dance Songs” will answer any questions you could possibly have in this lifetime… about mother/ son dance songs of course. So sit tight, grab some popcorn and check out this blog.
1. A Song for Mama by Boyz II Men- “Mama you’re the queen of my heart.” I normally pride myself on being able to keep it together, but literally, every word in this song makes me want to snuggle up in my moms arms and cry. I know that sounds totally awkward, and it can be, but listen to this song and you’ll totally get it. This whole song is an ode to your mother, what could be a better song? Keep reading if you’re not satisfied.
2. The Perfect Fan by Backstreet Boys- “I wanna thank you for what you’ve done, in hopes I can give back to you, and be the perfect son.” Well, if that doesn’t say it all… I’ll say more. Chances are most of the bridesmaids will know this song so you can have your own personal background singers that you never asked for. “The Perfect Fan” will have so many fans, they’ll never forget that dance. I’ll try to refrain from any more cheesy lines today.
3. Simple Man by Shinedown- “You’ll find a woman, and you’ll find love.” This song is different in that it almost comes from the mother’s perspective. The lyrics go over how a mother would want any son to act, and chances are your hubby is everything this song describes. Hence, why he’s getting married!
4. Simply the Best by Tina Turner- “You’re simply the best, better than all the rest.” If you’re looking for more of an upbeat, fast paced song, here you go.“Simply the Best” will have your guests up out of their seats and dancing around the dancefloor. Key word being “around.” Elbow your guests off the dancefloor and send them to the outer perimeter because this is mom’s time to shine.
5. Over the Rainbow by Eva Cassidy- “The dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.” *Sigh* Who doesn’t want their dreams to come true? That was a rhetorical question and cheesy line number two. This is a different version of the classic “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” and is accompanied by a piano. It’s a perfect mother and son dance song because it has a nostalgic feel to it. You can reminisce with your mom while dancing. Multitasking!
6. I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston- “And iiiiiiiiii yeee I will always love youuuuhoooo.” Everyone, I mean everyone, has sung this song at the top of their lungs. Thanks to the late, great Whitney Houston, we all have a classic song that can go with any occasion. The mother and son dance is no exception.
7. Stand By Me by Prince Royce- “Oh I won’t shed a tear, porque se que tu estas junto a mi.” I translated this line (thanks google translate!) and it means “because I know that you’re next to me.” Who doesn’t feel a total sense of comfort when their moms next to them? This version of “Stand By Me” just radiates salsa flavor, so why not embrace it? Hopefully you can actually dance, or else maybe this song isn’t good for you.
Your wedding was perfect. Your reception is going absolutely phenomenal. Your videographer has documented your guests making absolute fools of themselves out on the dance floor (perfect blackmail.) Even great grandma is out there busting out the worm. Everyone is having the time of their life out on the dance floor; it is their stage after all. The only downfall, no one wants to leave the party. Unfortunately for you, your DJ is charging more for any overtime that could be incurred, which was so not in your budget. How are you going to signal to your guests that your awesome party is over? You are going to read our article, that’s what you’re going to do (duh)! We have compiled the top seven songs that will gracefully end the party. It will signal to your guests “get out” in the nicest way possible. You’re welcome in advance.
1. Closing Time by Semisonic-To start out our list, we are going totally 90’s on you. “Closing Time” is a perfect song to end the party. It isn’t upbeat enough for people to shake their groove thing, but it is upbeat enough for them to leave with happy feelings. The song literally says “you don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here.” Can you ask for anything better? If you’re saying “yes”… that’s rude, but keep reading. We have even more songs.
2. Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey- Who doesn’t know this song? Thanks to Glee, this song has gained popularity between all ages. This is the perfect karaoke song. Guaranteed all your guests will whip out their invisible microphones, and go to town. They are now rockstars, and they have your reception to thank for that. “Don’t Stop Believin’” is a high way to end the party. Your guests will be running out the door after this classic, because now they believe they have can conquer the world. Yes, it is that uplifting.
3. Good Riddance by Greenday- Want to leave your guests with a sentimental feeling? Well, here’s your song. The name is sometimes misleading, but yes, you probably know this song. “It’s something unpredictable, but in the end it’s right. I hope you had the time of your life.” Yes it’s that one. A very slow song, it’s a good one to sway to and get close with your guests. This song just screams “you’re welcome for such a bumpin’ party, but it’s time to come in for a hug.” Or maybe it doesn’t. But I do guarantee, you and your guests will have confused feelings on whether to cry or smile. Or both at the same time. What a perfect way to end such an emotional day.
4. Don’t Stop the Party by Pitbull- Yes, we’ve said it once, we’ll say it again. Chances are no one is ready to leave your reception. “Don’t Stop the Party” is a great way to tease your guests, and probably make them continue the party. Just not in your reception space. So if you want to keep the party going elsewhere, this song is perfect. It also leaves your guests on a festive note so they depart knowing your reception was a legit party
5. Bye Bye Bye by N Sync- This musical gem was made in 2000, and is still sung by everyone who hears it, no matter where you are. Let’s be real, are there any bad N Sync songs? Don’t act like you don’t remember the dance. “Ain’t no lie, baby bye bye bye!” (signal three sharp goodbye movements across the room). And there is your dance lesson for the day. Guys aren’t even ashamed to rock out to some N Sync, especially after the open bar. Yeah guys, don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about. This is a definite crowd favorite and will have everyone up and showing their best boy band moves.
6. Save the Last Dance for Me by Michael Buble- The song is called “Save the Last Dance for Me”. Need I say more? Well I’m going to. Everyone loves some Michael Buble, especially at weddings. Peppy and classic, this song will definitely get your guests up and moving. It will also make your guests think… “who do I want to dance with for this last song?” Better make a good choice, because this song has such a romantic feel to it you don’t want to screw it up by dancing with someone with two left feet.
7. I’ll Be There for You by The Rembrandts- Better known as “The Friends Theme Song.” This song is popular for weddings because it reminds everyone why they are even at this wedding. They are there for you on your special day, that’s why. Your guests will be nervous, preparing for those fast five claps in the beginning of the song. (So no one told you life was gonna be this way. *clap clap clap clap clap*) Everyone will be jumping up and down, pointing to their best friends while laughing and smiling. Obviously, a prime way to end your party.
So there you have it, top seven songs to end a party. We have given you the tools to pick a last song for the night from different decades of music. If you’re still unsure about your song, you can always rely on the DJ to choose or recommend a song. It is their job after all, rest assured they know what they’re talking about. If you just totally did not understand any of this blog, we can help you out better with an email! Just email us at email@example.com and we’ll answer any of your questions.