The holidays are over, and now Wedding Planning season has arrived! If you are newly engaged (congrats!), your head is probably spinning with everything you have to take care of before your big day. Luckily for you, we have compiled a list of five things every bride should keep in mind after the big engagement.
1. Set a Date – I know what you are thinking, and yes, it is early to come up with an exact wedding date. But, everyone is asking a lot of you and they want to know. Therefore, in order to pacify your friends and family, it’s important to come up with a date, even if it’s a specific month or year. Have an answer ready, because you will be asked!
2. Hire a Wedding Planner- Stressed? We know. It is time to take a load off, and hire a wedding planner. This is a key way to semi relax during the planning process and ensure that your wedding is taken care of. Your planner will know every in and out of weddings and will be able to assist you with all aspects of your perfect day.
3. Start a Wedding Savings Account- Weddings can be expensive. To make sure you don’t end up in debt, start a savings account specifically put aside for your wedding. An easy way to save up some cash flow is to take money out of every paycheck and put it in a a separate account. Setting aside a little can add up to a lot.
4. Pick a Venue- What kind of wedding are you trying to create? The venue you pick sets the mood for your wedding. Hard to find the perfect venue? Refer to tip number two. Hire a wedding planner, they have all the contacts for venues and can get your message across with the kind of wedding you want to portray. After you pick your venue, you can finally pick an official date!
5. Make a Guest List- Big wedding? Small wedding? Either or, it is imperative to come up with a guest list. Realize that every person you invite will cost money. This is the best way to come up with excuses of why Great Aunt Becky can’t come to your wedding (just kidding). Your guest list will help you and your planner decide the perfect venue for your size wedding while factoring in how much you need to save in your savings account.
After you have completed these 5 important steps, your foot is in the door so you and your wedding planner can start figuring out all the smaller details, such as an awesome DJ! (wink wink) Once again, congrats on your engagement! Now it’s time to get planning! Good Luck.