Mother Daughter Dance
First Dance With Your Mother
Many traditions are still held in weddings till this day, however things change as time precedes on. We have had clients whose fathers passed away when they were young, so they will never get the chance to have a father daughter dance, or have him walk them down the aisle. But they still have someone very close to their heart and can represent him and his love, their mother. The woman who gave them life and love, who held their hand through every section of life when their father could not. A question you might ask yourself as a bride: how could I possibly honor both people in my life who held such a significant role? To give her the “Mother Daughter Dance”, this would keep the tradition and honor of both their parents. Songs are hard to choose because the lyrics and notes speak to someone on a personal level, but now you can pick something that would represent your mother and what she means to you. Listed below are just a few songs in the world of many that might make your heart take flight as you listen to them and take you back to a time and place where things were simple. Playing dress up and having a tea party with water in the cups, doing the most wonderful makeup on your mother while wearing her heels. Right now you are a bride, but just for a little while longer you are her little Princess and still playing dress up with dreams large enough to reach the sky.
1. Landslide – Fleetwood Mac
2. These Dreams – Heart
3. Time After Time – Cyndi Lauper
4. Mama’s Song – Carrie Underwood
5. God Gave Me You – Blake Shelton
6. In My Daughter’s Eyes – Martina McBride
7. I’ll Be – Reba McEntire
8. Mothers Prayer – Celine Dion
9. A Song For Mama – Boyz II Men
Everyone loves a mama’s boy. Everyone loves music. Everyone loves a wedding. Wonder where I’m going with this? We’ve compiled a list that combines all three features together! “Top 7 Mother and Son Dance Songs” will answer any questions you could possibly have in this lifetime… about mother/ son dance songs of course. So sit tight, grab some popcorn and check out this blog.
1. A Song for Mama by Boyz II Men- “Mama you’re the queen of my heart.” I normally pride myself on being able to keep it together, but literally, every word in this song makes me want to snuggle up in my moms arms and cry. I know that sounds totally awkward, and it can be, but listen to this song and you’ll totally get it. This whole song is an ode to your mother, what could be a better song? Keep reading if you’re not satisfied.
2. The Perfect Fan by Backstreet Boys- “I wanna thank you for what you’ve done, in hopes I can give back to you, and be the perfect son.” Well, if that doesn’t say it all… I’ll say more. Chances are most of the bridesmaids will know this song so you can have your own personal background singers that you never asked for. “The Perfect Fan” will have so many fans, they’ll never forget that dance. I’ll try to refrain from any more cheesy lines today.
3. Simple Man by Shinedown- “You’ll find a woman, and you’ll find love.” This song is different in that it almost comes from the mother’s perspective. The lyrics go over how a mother would want any son to act, and chances are your hubby is everything this song describes. Hence, why he’s getting married!
4. Simply the Best by Tina Turner- “You’re simply the best, better than all the rest.” If you’re looking for more of an upbeat, fast paced song, here you go.“Simply the Best” will have your guests up out of their seats and dancing around the dancefloor. Key word being “around.” Elbow your guests off the dancefloor and send them to the outer perimeter because this is mom’s time to shine.
5. Over the Rainbow by Eva Cassidy- “The dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.” *Sigh* Who doesn’t want their dreams to come true? That was a rhetorical question and cheesy line number two. This is a different version of the classic “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” and is accompanied by a piano. It’s a perfect mother and son dance song because it has a nostalgic feel to it. You can reminisce with your mom while dancing. Multitasking!
6. I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston- “And iiiiiiiiii yeee I will always love youuuuhoooo.” Everyone, I mean everyone, has sung this song at the top of their lungs. Thanks to the late, great Whitney Houston, we all have a classic song that can go with any occasion. The mother and son dance is no exception.
7. Stand By Me by Prince Royce- “Oh I won’t shed a tear, porque se que tu estas junto a mi.” I translated this line (thanks google translate!) and it means “because I know that you’re next to me.” Who doesn’t feel a total sense of comfort when their moms next to them? This version of “Stand By Me” just radiates salsa flavor, so why not embrace it? Hopefully you can actually dance, or else maybe this song isn’t good for you.